Procurement Services

UC-Provided Services

Is your department going to provide a service to an external client?

Get Budget and Planning approval first:
You will need either a Rate and Recharge package or a "one time" approval through Budget and Planning prior to submitting to Procurement.

Please email your request to Budget and Planning's Erica Losada, Michael McGrogan, and Kerry Bierman (all 3 on the same email).

For "one time" requests, (i.e. your department does not plan to provide the same or similar services to other clients), please include a copy of your Revenue Contract Request (Form B) your with your request. Note: all services must include full IDC.

Rate and Recharge package review is required annually, and adheres to policies Academic Personnel Manual APM-020 (link is external) and BFB policy A-56 (link is external). Departments may be asked to complete an Unrelated Business Income questionnaireNote: as a Section 501(c)(3) entity, the UC must be operated exclusively for charitable and educational purposes.

Once you have approval from Budget and Planning, send the following to :

1. Revenue Contract Request (Form B)
2. A copy of your approved Rate & Recharge package, OR, emailed "one time" approval from Budget and Planning
3. A budget sheet (include all direct costs, and be sure to apply the F&A/NUD markup) for "one time" approvals

Unsure it's a Services Agreement through our department, or if it's Research?

UC defines research as follows:
The majority of the scope of work involves investigation or experimentation aimed at the discovery and interpretation of facts, the revision of accepted theories or laws in the light of new facts, or the practical application of such new or revised theories or laws. University personnel are involved in decisions regarding the design or implementation of the research and/or the interpretation of the research results. University personnel are credited as authors on papers that emerge from the research. The work carried out by University personnel may (but need not) result in patentable or copyrightable technology or products.  May be applied or basic research.

If you're still unsure if your department is performing services or research, see page 2 of the Revenue Contract Request (Form B).