Employees have the option to receive their W-2 form electronically, rather than receiving a paper statement. Employees who wish to receive their W-2 electronically will need to make a positive election following the instructions in the At Your Service (AYSO) application online. Once logged in, select "W-2 and 1095-C" under the "Income & Taxes" section and then "Select W-2 Delivery Option". This election must be made by December 31, 2016. Employees who wish to receive their W-2 on paper, as in prior years, will not need to take any actions.
The link to the AYSO application is: https://atyourserviceonline.ucop.edu/ayso/
If you have any questions, please contact Sona Baboolal, at x3259 or at email@example.com.
Through At Your Service Online!
Click here for printed instructions, including how to login for first-time AYSO users (PDF)
- Go to https://atyourserviceonline.ucop.edu
- Enter Username and Password
- Click on the “Direct Deposit” Link in the “Income and Taxes” Box
- View your current Check Disposition.
- Click “Continue” to change how your check is handled.
- Select “Direct Deposit” or “Paper Check” and Click “Continue”
For Direct Deposit
- Select Checking or Savings
- Enter your Transit Routing Number and Account Number as provided to you by your bank. See the sample check to identify the proper numbers from your check.
- Click “Submit”
- Check the Authorization Box and Click “Confirm”
- Because we have to verify your account with your bank, expect to receive one last paper check before your first direct deposit.
- Do not write checks against your account until you see the deposit has been received in your account.
- If you change banks or accounts within your bank you will need to change your direct deposit information online, and you may receive a paper check in between due to the prenote process.
- Please verify your transit routing number and account number with your Financial Institution.
- If you close your account, please change your check disposition to “paper check” online. If you do not do this in a timely manner, we cannot refund you your funds until the bank returns it to UCSB.
- You may contact Shannon Jackson x3654 in the Payroll Office with questions.