Make a Payment

If you would like to view your bill or make a payment please click here:

Parent Login - Your student must set you up as a Parent User.  The following link has instructions for setting up login and passwords for parent users.

Parent User Information

Parent Login Reset - Click on the following link for instructions on resetting your Parent User login password.

Parent User Password Reset

UC Santa Barbara does not accept overpayments on student accounts. Please transfer only the amount due on your student account. Excessive overpayments made to UCSB may be returned to the person making the payment.

Important News

Current Financial Aid Refund Schedule

Click here to view the current Financial Aid refund schedule.

L&S Instructional Tech - Instructional Technology Fee Assessment

The L&S Instructional Technology Enhancement Initiative provides a broad range of enhancements to the student educational experience. The Initiative is being funded via a course materials fee on all L&S courses of $2.50 per unit, capped at 15 units per quarter. Students from any School or College taking L&S courses will be assessed this fee.

Additional information is available at the following link: Collaborate

Questions and comments can be directed to

Making International Payments

UCSB accepts all international payments via Flywire.

It's a secure, streamlined payment process that makes it easy to pay from accounts in your home country. With Flywire, you can pay online from countries around the world, typically in your home currency.

Log in to MyBARC with your UCSBNetID and Password, view Gaucho E-Bill and from Payment Options, select International Payment via Flywire.

Click here to read more about making payments via Flywire.

Making Payments Using eCheck or a Credit Card

The MyBARC database is updated once a day. Payments made before 4:00 PM (PST) are visible on MyBARC on the following business day. If you have a question about the posting of your eCheck payment, please email us at  Complete step-by-step instructions on how to make an eCheck or credit card payment can be found on our website

Insurance Reminder

Click here for the most current information on insurance requirements.

Financial Aid Refunds Explained

UCSB is committed to getting financial aid refunds to students in the safest and most expedient means possible. To that end, we strongly encourage all students receiving financial aid to enroll in eRefund. eRefund is a system that provides UCSB to issue a direct deposit of refunds into a student's personal checking or saving account. Students not enrolled in eRefund receive their refunds via a paper check that is mailed to their local mailing address. On average, students enrolled in eRefund receive their refunds 5 to 7 days earlier than those students receiving a paper check.

Graduate Students

Fee Remission and Fellowships

The following is a list of information related to Fee Remissions and Fellowships.

If you qualify for Fee Remission as a Teaching Assistant, Associate, Graduate Student Researcher, Reader or Remedial Tutor but such credits have not yet been posted to your BARC account, first, be sure that you have registered in at least 8 units for the quarter. Contact your employing department/unit.

If you are expecting department fellowship funding not yet paid out, then check with the staff at the department/unit handling the award to determine when it may be forthcoming.

If you hold a centrally-administered fellowship from the Graduate Division not yet paid out, please contact Fellowships Coordinator, Jenny Sheffield Bisheff, however, please be sure that you are registered in at least 8 units. (The Graduate Division begins fellowship payout approximately one week before the start of each quarter.)

If you qualify for Nonresident Tuition Reduction but are not seeing the reduction in your Winter fee assessment, this service is not a function of Graduate Division. It is a reduced assessment of tuition that is administered by the Office of the Registrar based on information that is provided by the Academic Services section of Graduate Division. If your advancement has occurred very recently, you may check with Graduate Academic Services to determine whether the advancement processing is complete – write to e-mail address, The Nonresident Tuition Reduction is for graduate doctoral students who have advanced to candidacy, subject to the understanding that (1) a graduate doctoral student may receive the reduced nonresident tuition rate for a maximum of three years, and (2) any such student who continues to be enrolled or who re-enrolls after receiving the reduced fee for three years will be charged the full nonresident tuition rate that is in effect at that time.