Financial System Cutover: June 29 Update
June 29, 2015
To: Control Points, MSOs, Business Officers
Fr: Jim Corkill, Campus Controller
Re: Financial System Cutover: June 29 Update
As you are aware, UCSB will implement the first phase of the Financial System Project this summer. Beginning in July, we will replace some of the financial applications on the mainframe with the core modules of our new PeopleSoft financial system. This transition will begin on July 1 and continue until mid-August.
Even though campus departments will not use PeopleSoft directly, there are some important changes that take effect in the next few weeks that impact departments. Please review the following resources immediately if you have not already to ensure that your department is prepared for the cutover:
· Systems Speak Information Sessions Slides and Video
· Information Packet: Changes with the new PeopleSoft Financial System
· Frequently Asked Questions: PeopleSoft Financials & Department Chartfields
· Quick Reference Guide: Creating and Managing Department Chartfields in the GMC
· Financial System Implementation Project Overview
· Memo from Campus Controller Announcing Key Dates
The most current Financial System project news is always posted at https://www.ets.ucsb.edu/news.
News for the Week of June 29
· The last payments from APEX will be produced on June 29, 2015. From June 30 – July 5, only payments deemed critical (e.g. separation checks, student refunds) by the Campus Controller will be issued. Standard payment processing will resume on July 6, 2015.
· On June 30 2015, the BARC/Cashier’s Office will be closing at 2:00pm to prepare for the system changeover.
· Campus Accounts Payable Web Applications (Travel, Disbursements (Form-5), FlexCard) will be unavailable from June 29 at 6:00pm through July 5, 2015. Transactions entered or approved after July 5 will require that departmental chartfields are defined in the GMC.
· Beginning July 1, 2015, PPS will validate departmental chartfields Cost-Center and Project, if utilized, upon data entry. Chartfields not previously used in PPS must be defined in the GMC, and marked for use in PPS prior to use in PPS. Previously used chartfields will already be loaded to PPS and the GMC. PPS receives updated chartfields from the GMC nightly, so updates must be made the day prior to being used in PPS.
· From July 1, 2015 through July 20, 2015, Asset Management records cannot be updated. No new property numbers will be assigned during this period. Property tags will not be sent out during this period.
· Beginning July 6, 2015, invoices from PeopleSoft will appear in the Data Warehouse. EZ Access accounts payable reports will reflect new fields and formats. See the Data Warehouse homepage (http://wh.isc.ucsb.edu) for more information.
· Beginning July 6, 2015, July general ledger transactions from PeopleSoft may be available in the Data Warehouse in the EZ Access report Pending Transactions Inquiry. See the Data Warehouse homepage (http://wh.isc.ucsb.edu) for more information.
Application Contacts during Cutover Activities
• BARC - Erick McCurdy (email@example.com or x5382)
• Carry Forward of Funds - Ambar Campos (firstname.lastname@example.org or x2054)
• Data Warehouse - Mary Wenzel (email@example.com or x8882)
• Disbursements - Steve Kriz (firstname.lastname@example.org or x3480)
• FlexCard - Vaughn Boyle (email@example.com or x7377)
• Online GL - Liz Molina (firstname.lastname@example.org or x8593)
• TOE/TOSF - Gil Luna (email@example.com or x3854)
• TOF - Ambar Campos (firstname.lastname@example.org or x2054)
• Travel - Steve Kriz (email@example.com or x3480)