ACTION REQUIRED: UCPath GL FAU Errors
TO: Campus Community
FR: Leslie Griffin, Associate Director, Business & Financial Services
RE: ACTION REQUIRED: UCPath GL FAU Errors
- Payroll Expense - UCPath delivers payroll expense information to the campus financial system (detail in the Payroll Ledger in the DataWarehouse and summary in the General Ledger). The chartfield values (FAUs) in the UCPath Funding Entry Page are used to code the payroll activity.
- Errors - When UCPath encounters an invalid or missing FAU, it will substitute a valid account & fund.
- Corrections - Departments will use the Direct Retro (also known as Salary Cost Transfer) function in UCPath to move payroll activity from the edit error, suspense or default chartfields to the appropriate chartfield values.
UCPath monitors the chartfield values. When the system finds certain error conditions, chart of account substitutions are made.
FIND TRANSACTIONS in Data Warehouse
Use the Data Warehouse EZ Access reports to find salary transactions needing correction
- UCPath Payroll Beta Report – Payroll Expense Inquiry
- Search your Dept for transactions on Funds 89996 & 89998, Subs 0, 1
SALARY COST TRANSFERS (Direct Retro) in UCPath
Use the Salary Cost Transfer function in UCPath to move the transactions to the appropriate FAU. Click here to view the job aid for Position Funding Entry: https://www.bfs.ucsb.edu/files/
- Monitor and correct chartfields
- Review Positions to make sure the Funding Entry page has an Account & Fund
- Recommendation: Leave the Funding End Date field blank
- Deadlines – be mindful of cutoffs for Funding Entry changes before a paycycle completes
- New Positions – make the Funding Entry page a routine part of your new position process
- Review training material - PHCMGENL201: Position Funding Entry & Updates
- Select Commitment Accounting – UCPath Help Site for training material.
- Drill down on General Ledger
- Desk Reference - Enter Direct Retro Funding Update for Work Study: https://ucsb.app.box.com/s/
zajxo22aklxzzys753bf0g59xz8wiq tu (Excellent guide for any Direct Retro, not just Work Study)
- Job Aid for Position Funding Entry: https://www.bfs.ucsb.edu/files/
- You can find Payroll Processing Schedule on the UCPath website. After you log-in, look in the navigation pane on the left-hand side & choose Quicklinks. The first option is Calendars, and the first calendar is the Processing Calendar.
- For additional information on Salary Cost Transfers, see the recorded BFS "Mini Tune-Up" session and presentation here: https://www.bfs.ucsb.edu/