Why didn't I receive a 1098-T from UCSB?

There are several possibilities:

  • You are looking for your 1098-T at the wrong address.
    IRS regulations require mailing your 1098-T to your permanent address, not your local or campus one.  Check at home to see if your family received the form.
  • Your 1098-T was mailed to the wrong address.
    If you did not have a current address on file with the University, then your form may have gone astray.   To find out where your tax information was sent, login at the Tax Credit Reporting Service (TCRS) or call toll-free (877) 467-3821.   You may obtain copies of your 1098-T through the web site at your convenience.  Remember to update your addresses at UCSB with GOLD.
  • You were a visa student who did not have a valid Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) on file.
    IRS regulations specify that the University is not required to issue a 1098-T in this situation, unless the student requests the form.
  • You participated in an international study or education abroad program.
    Depending on the type of program in which you participated, a 1098-T may have been issued to you by the University of California Education Abroad Program (UCEAP), not by UCSB.  However, UCEAP also uses the Tax Credit Reporting Service (TCRS) to issue 1098-Ts, so you may log in to access any available form.   


faqs tags: 

Unit or Topic: