When a separating employee does not provide his or her timesheet or does not respond to requests for information needed to produce and deliver his or her final paycheck, is the University still obligated to comply with the payment provisions contained in

Yes. Departments must make every effort to pay an employee all unpaid wages within the 72-hour period for an employee who quits without notice. When the wages owed are in dispute or unknown, departments should pay all wages that are known to be due the employee. If the dispute can be resolved or when the hours can be determined, the department should pay the amount settled upon. If the dispute can not be resolved or the employee does not provide the necessary documentation, the department will have a reasonable defense if the employee seeks remedies over the disputed amount through the Labor Commissioner.

faqs tags: 

Unit or Topic: