The Social Security Number (SSN) on my form is missing or incorrect.  What should I do?

Reporting to the IRS depends primarily on your SSN, so it is very important for you to have the correct information on file with the University. Follow these steps to have a corrected 1098-T generated:

Furnish the University with your valid SSN. You cannot update your SSN using the TCRS web site or customer service telephone number. You must come in person to the UCSB Registrar’s Office to correct your Social Security Number. You need to bring your Social Security Card and a photo ID with you.

The annual deadline for UCSB to file 1098-T tax information electronically with the IRS is January 31, although data may be transmitted earlier as circumstances allow. Please make sure any updates are completed before mid-January to promote accurate filing.


faqs tags: 

Unit or Topic: