The name on my form is incorrect. What should I do?

Your name is a key element of your tax information, so be sure to submit changes to the University as soon as possible. Follow these steps to have a corrected 1098-T issued:

Furnish the University with your valid name. You cannot correct your name using the TCRS web site or customer service telephone number.

You must complete a Change of Name Petition and submit the supporting documentation at the Registrar's Office.

The annual deadline for UCSB to file 1098-T tax information electronically with the IRS is January 31, although data may be transmitted earlier as circumstances allow. Please make sure any corrections are completed before mid-March to promote accurate filing.



faqs tags: 

Unit or Topic: