Procurement Services

Do I need a Contract?

Generally speaking, Professional and Personal Services can be submitted on a Purchase Order without the need of a signed Contract. The Contracts Analyst assigned to your requisition will work with you and the vendor to determine the appropriate procurement method.  If a vendor is asking you to sign a Contract, Quote, Agreement, or Statement of Work, please send it through to Contracts. We can let you know if you need a Contract, or if you can submit the document using a standard Purchase Order in Gateway. You can always email us at if you're not sure what to do.

Click here for a helpful guide on how to submit the Contract Request Form in Gateway.

UC-Provided Services (revenue or income to the UC)
If your department wishes to contract for UC-provided services (revenue to your department), you will need a Rate and Recharge package or approval through Budget and Planning prior to contract execution. The approval is required annually, and adheres to policies Academic Personnel Manual APM-020 and BFB policy A-56.

You do NOT need a Contract for the following:

Tips for Success

  • To ensure the quickest response, please complete all sections of the Request for Services form with as much detail as possible.
  • Complete the scope of work and include key milestones, dates, and expectations
  • Let us know if you have, or are planning to submit an insurance waiver request to Risk Services
  • Key Elements of the Insurance Section:

NOTE: If your contract request is for a hotel or venue for Entertainment purposes: Procurement will Close your PO and suppress the PO submission to the vendor. We will send the signed contract only. Invoices for Entertainment/Travel will not be paid in Gateway. While Procurement reviews your contract because it needs a signature, Accounts Payable still requires payment via Form 5.