Gateway has opened functionality to include the submission of Contracts by offering the a Contract Request Form. Generally speaking, Professional and Personal Services can be submitted on a Purchase Order without the need of a signed Contract. The Contracts Analyst assigned to your requisition will work with you and the vendor to determine the appropriate procurement method. Note: Gateway has functionality for Revenue ($0.00) and Facility-Use Agreements. Click here for a helpful guide on how to submit the Contract Request Form. Contact us with any questions.
When your department is ready to request a contract, please note the following:
- Ensure your Supplier is in Gateway. If not, please fill out a Supplier Add Form. Note: You will no longer be required to obtain the W9 and insurance up-front
- Complete a Request For Services PDF form
- Start a requisition in Gateway using the Contract Request Form, found on the homepage of Gateway.
- Attach your completed Request for Services Form, the Supplier-provided contract, or a UCSB Contract Template (Facility Use) to the very bottom of the Form in "Internal Attachments".
- Add the Form to your cart, and approve through Gateway workflow as usual.
- NOTE: if your contract is for UC-provided services (revenue to your department), you will need a Rate and Recharge package or approval through Budget and Planning. The approval is required annually, and adheres to Academic Personnel policy APM-020 and BFB policy A-56.
Procurement will review your Contract request, and work with your Supplier to obtain all necessary insurance documentation.
NOTE: If your contract request is for a hotel or venue for Entertainment purposes: Procurement will Close your PO and suppress the PO submission to the vendor. We will send the signed contract only. Invoices for Entertainment/Travel will not be paid in Gateway. While Procurement reviews your contract because it needs a signature, Accounts Payable still requires payment via Form 5.
Tips for Success
- To ensure the quickest response, please complete all sections of the Request for Services form with as much detail as possible.
- Complete the scope of work and include key milestones, dates, and expectations
- Let us know if you have, or are planning to submit an insurance waiver request to Risk Services
- Key Elements of the Insurance Section:
- Determine if services are exempt from insurance. A list of exempt activities can be found on the Risk Management website at: http://www.riskmanagement.ucsb.edu/Forms/rm/factsheets/FS_Exemptions.pdf
- If the activity is not exempt from insurance, it is critical that the prospective Supplier be able to provide insurance.
- If the vendor does not have insurance, the vendor may be eligible for insurance through the UC Vendor/Contractor Insurance Program.